Archives for March 2005
1) It will be the policy of this institution for all persons to apply the following steps to self-filter all communications and/or work-product that other human beings will see and/or interact with in any way:
- Do good, conscientious work.
- Think about other people who might be impacted by your work.
- Make fixes to the work so that it complies with (a) and (b). (NO CHEATING ON THIS ONE!)
- After completing said work, if you find yourself asking the question: “what was I thinking?” , please start over at step (a).
By mid-year, Apple is likely to include a minimum of 512MB of RAM in each of the Macs it sells, double the amount of standard memory shipping in most of today’s models.
From the cynical perspective, does that mean that Tiger will be such a memory hog that they really should be shipping with 1GB? I don’t think so. I am running a beta on a G4 450 with 512 and it is doing just fine. Over the summer somebody I worked with had it up and at ’em on a B&W G3 with 512…